View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 09:35 AM   #11
robmandel

Quote:
Originally Posted by leifo View Post
Chuck D.Thanks for the visual. We all hope that is the extent of it, but Geno Machino may be right about the connection. I don't think that anyone who does occupy should have fishing gear out in the reserve. It might make things worse and someone may become an example for the DFG. Anyways, all of this is hard on generational fisherman not to mention all of those who contribute to the healthy sport as guides and captains. Most of our fathers and their fathers fished with freedom and spirituality. Before California my ancestors were fishermen in Norway. Now we are getting the bad rap for mother nature and the voracious appetite of Humbolt squid. Anyways, it is a bummer that they are pushing the boundries. According to the document, it looks like some of the ammendments were made in July of this year. Not fair. Leif
hell, sign me up for an occupy the ocean!!

as for the bad rap, the whole process had nothing to do with fish populations, or anything like that. don't fool yourself, or let yourself be lied to by those bastards. those issues never were part of the discussion. there were much bigger issues for those thieves and basically it's the beginning. look, the folks and their money behind it aren't there to make fishing better. they couldn't even give two shits about fish populations. it's about closing off the waters, a perverse combination of extreme environmentalism and private greed.

private greed is fine as long you don't enlist big brother to destroy people's lives and liberties. the free market has a way of limiting what others can do. but this is different. private greed with public force makes for a deadly combination. I still am not clear on their motives. for the rich cunts at laguna, it's locking out the riff raff from "their" beaches. for the developers, it's a pristine coast to sell. for the green nazis, it's...whatever the hell it is, who knows. they're religious zealots. the only thing they lack are box cutters and flight lessons. for now.

why would the packard foundation, the rlff, and others throw dozens of millions into this? that's the question. but it sure ain't about the fish.
robmandel is offline   Reply With Quote