Thread: Learning Curves
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 09:42 PM   #3
Fish Taco

Awesome post Tim... and I hope Darkhorse is understanding of you wanting to share it with others... I for one am glad you did.

I recently relocated to Redondo Beach from Long Island after living in New York for 12 years. Even though I'm a SoCal native and have been fishing nearly all of my life, I just recently in the last few years got into kayak fishing and am addicted like everyone else here. I fished mostly in the Long Island Sound in my Stealth 14 and was just beginning to get dialed in on the East Coast fishery (Stripers, Blues, Fluke) when my wife accepted a job here in L.A.

I've got a lot to learn about fishing the Pacific in a kayak, and I've been thinking about making the drive south for a weekend to spend some time with a guide once or twice to help shave down the learning curve and help me get "dialed in"... Darkhorse has been on my short list so I'm really glad you posted this. I hope to be a client one day soon.

I'm 55 yrs old now, and I can't believe how fast that happened... but one thing I've learned thus far in life is... you never stop learning. Fishing is the same way as anything else... you keep learning all the time.

Anyway, thanks again for such a great post... and congrats on those beautiful fish too!

Redondo Beach, CA
2011 Malibu Stealth 14
Fish Taco is offline   Reply With Quote