View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 06:21 PM   #5
Dave k

When I bounce ball i use 1 rig. I run a 3-way swivel. The mainline, straight 50# braid is tied to one end of the swivel. Off the other end i run anywhere from 1' - 3' of 15# mono to a sinker. The weight of the sinker depends on the depth I'm fishing. Off the 3rd end of the swivel I run 30# flouro to my bait. Sometimes I run a dodger, sometimes just a straight lure. I've had similar luck both ways. The length of line between the swivel to the bait/lure will vary depending on whether you use a dodger or not. You'll want to experiment a bit with this.

I like to use a lever drag reel for bounce balling. This lets you drop the rig at a more steady pace and avoid tangles.

For the lure, I personally like to use a hollow belly swimbait, rigged weedless with an Owner Twistlock Beast hook (size depends on the swimbait size). This is virtually weedless so you don't have to worry about wasting your time dragging around a bunch of eel grass you didn't know about.

Bounceballing can get pretty tiring though, and you'll get a mean case of gorilla arm if you don't switch which side you troll on every now and then.

Good luck! hope this helps a bit.
Dave k is offline   Reply With Quote