View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 03:41 PM   #80
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grego View Post
I like being blamed for things... reinforces my character of being an asshole, I enjoy that Don can vouch for that.
I bet he can... let's just say we all have our fields of expertise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grego View Post
you hurt my feelings....and I thought the BT did a pretty good job the last couple of years
Funny I thought he was talking about guys that fish Malibu not Baytubers, and actually just echoing something one of your guys recently posted on another board:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someone you know from Baytubers
For the record I put as much passion into saving Malibu as I did RP, LJ, etc etc But lets be honest there just was not the show of force from the Malibu area at the meetings Too few were fighting the closures at Malibu and the results are in part do to that fact.
I think many of the guys that fish Malibu think of Baytubers as kind of an Orange county, San Pedro, harbor fishing crowd, and they think of Malibu fisherman as the LA surf launching crowd. There is some basis for that: I mean Baytubers with all their tournaments never had one in Malibu as far as I know, and they certainly did not have one at the bigger well known breaks like County Line where Bubblehide likes to fish..

I mean you can pretend Bubblehide was attacking Baytubers if you want to, and take offense at his comments for whatever reason you want, but it's not how it reads, and it doesn't make much sense.

I like Baytubers, think they helped in the MLPA and appreciate that. I have recommended countless people to Kiyos site, and his tournaments but I will say that from time to time it seems like some of your guys want to pretend that people who are not in with you, or part of your group are somehow bad people, or out to hurt your organization.

Maybe your just trying to rally your troops, or get your guys fired up but I'd say that just pushes others away when it comes to issues like the MLPA.

At any rate I'd say it's pretty obvious Bubblehide was not attacking Baytubers or their track record when it comes to the MLPA and perhaps as Paul said: you guys might be better off saving that ire for the other side.

Just my take though.

Jim

Last edited by Fiskadoro; 10-12-2010 at 04:04 PM.
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote