Thread: Local Knowledge
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2016, 10:20 AM   #8
taggermike

Well made video. The host mentions how so many anglers take themselves too seriously. No machismo in the vid, just homies having fun n shooting the S.

East coast n west are way different. The comtent about only 1 spinner on the boat is so true, they love those thing back east. I lived in outer backs of NC for a year and did all mywithhore fishing wirh bait casters. Its very like south SD bay or mission bay spottie fishing. Guys back there had never seen bait casters used for any thing but large mouth bass.

Obviously the FL guy was a skilled angler but you could tell the So Cal long rod was totally new to him. Back east I showed my coworkers a tady 45. These guys were all super hard core anglers n they'd never heard of surface iron

Spinners n new jigging styles are come east to west.

One of the biggest differences I noticed is they seam to like things complicated back east. I fished live bait west coast style; a hook at the end of the line and maybe a little sliding sinker. Most guys there would have beads, swivles, little flashy things, another swivle, then a heavy shock leader. I changed over to doing many things like the locals, even bought a spinner, but never got in to the more is better/take 15 minutes to set up/5 knot rig. Mike
taggermike is offline   Reply With Quote