View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 12:42 PM   #22
PAL

Quote:
I can't help that I'm a smart ass. But I also hoped to get some people to take action. I also sent you that SIO paper in December, guess you were not paying attention.
Oh, I was paying attention. I brought it up again to make a point. Although the proposal maps a plausible outcome that keeps the majority of kayak anglers fishing, any loss at La Jolla will be excruciating.

The proposal is also nothing more than lines on a map at this point. Anyone can advocate for a particular outcome; actually putting forth MPA network proposals is the province of the regional stakeholders group.

The author could end up on the panel, but he is far more likely to get a spot on the Science Advisory Team. If he does, his job will be to evaluate the various network proposals against objective criteria.

Quote:
Problem is the little information I'm finding seems to imply there is not a whole lot we can do now. Maybe I'm mis guided... Is there something I'm missing?
There's very little members of the public can do at this point. Some high-level lobbying taking place behind the scenes (I'm not a party to it) - otherwise we are in a waiting mode until the state starts the SoCal process going.

I encourage everyone who cares about our inshore fisheries to get involved when it does.

PL
PAL is offline   Reply With Quote