View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 10:53 AM   #1
SoCalEDC

NP 5/16/20 bottom fishing

Headed out with a few buds. Intentions were to cruise south for the kelp beds. Took a while to locate bait, and the wind shifted so we nixed that idea and stuck around up north and fished for rockfish at our usual spots. Got 1 short halibut (somehow foul hooked) in the meanwhile. Found a couple new areas that we hadn't hit much in the past. buddy of mine got a 23" vermillion that had to be around 10#. We all got some rockfish (vermillion, flags, coppers, chuckleheads. Maybe even sunsets?) and some white fish by the time the day was out.

Water was 68 degrees per my FF.

Water was kind of murky and with polarized lenses the transitions were obvious. It wasn't red tide, just gross water I
guess.

ohh, we also saw a big pod of dolphins. Probably a hundred or so of them cruised right by our yaks within about 20 yards.

Tight lines guys.

idk how this guy got foul hook, maybe the mack thrashed and shoved the hook through the fishes forehead on doing so.

On a side note, I think the guardian plate on my outback reduces the sensitivity of my transducer (hook 2 5 split shot), any one else have an issue with this? it gets wierd when i go into water that is over about 450' and then i have to restart it to get it to find the depth after i get back into water that is less deep. for example if I am moving over a canyon and it gets deep the ff will get wierd.
2020 Hobie Outback SOLD
2021 Stealth Fisha 500
#StealthTribe

Last edited by SoCalEDC; 05-18-2020 at 11:03 AM.
SoCalEDC is offline   Reply With Quote