Thread: Sewer Bugs
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2014, 03:25 PM   #1
Mikey Likes It

Sewer Bugs

I've been working and staying in Long Beach since the beginning
of October and decided to bring my old cobra explorer to use for hooping. I've been out five times now and finally found my honey hole up in long beach

Went out last Wednesday night and pulled up four keepers and about 14 shorts in five hours.

Went out again last night after the rain and wind cleared. The launch was sketchy and I barely made it out. Had limits by 1 am. Pulled up number 7 on the last pull of the night. Very satisfying to scout and find a new lobster hole in a new area all on my own.

I had to sort through a lot of shorts but the bugs were consistently crawling both nights. I've noticed a lot more male lobsters in long beach compared to San Diego. Also the amount of trash in the water in long beach is pretty depressing.

I've done research on the internet and talked to other more experienced fisherman about eating lobsters from dirty harbor waters like long beach and I don't think there's a problem. What are your guy's thoughts? Should I be concerned about eating lobsters from waters that have trash floating around in it? Also, I caught a crab and when I brought him home he was foaming out the mouth. Is it ok to eat a crab with a foamy mouth?
Attached Images

Mikey Likes It is offline   Reply With Quote