Thread: Waders
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2020, 07:51 AM   #5
TJones

The least expensive

and replacing them every season, because the moment you throw a toad on your lap your gonna spring some holes. Those tiny holes during a winter session are annoying. I have tried going the opposite route by buying a high end pair of Simms and its a waste of money because they can get a hole just as easy. Caddis were a popular model because you could find them at every local sports store. They are more than sufficient. Caddis Pro model is actually a good one for your winter sessions because it is heavy duty and almost insulated. It would be over kill when things start warming up though. Frogg Toggs is what I would recommend because they are nice and stylish. They perform well also. Amazon has a wide variety to fit your price point. Personally, I went a different route this year and I switched over to Cabellas Premium Zipper. They are in the price range I want to be and they have the zipper on the front which allows the user the ability to urinate without having to remove your jacket. Once you use the zipper style waders, you will never switch back. Not sure what it is, but when im paddling and very active on the water, I feel the sudden urge to urinate every 15 min. Trying to keep well hydrated adds to the issue. As far as the Bass Pro models , I am not experiencing any issues with more than a fair amount of use this season. To sum it up, again I would not recommend spending more than 200$. I see a pair of Frogg Toggs on amazon for 80$. Its gonna perform on the kayak exactly the same as the middle range wader which is about 150 -180$ for both the Caddis and Frogg Toggs. Keep in mind that these waders were really designed for standing in a creek. Kayak users primarily are sitting down on the kayak. Heavy duty gravel guards or knee guards are pretty useless for us. If you are opting to use you bass pro rewards, they have models that are equivalent and more than sufficient too. Hope this helps.
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote