View Single Post
Old 04-30-2021, 01:06 AM   #12
greenscales
greenscales

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysFishing View Post
I don't mind paying $24 for them to hoist my Solo Skiff in/out of the water with parking. I just load everything onto the Solo Skiff, drive up to the hoist, they pick it up, I go park my truck and jump in the Solo Skiff and off I go. No heavy lifting and my old back thanks me. It is a great option for me.
All of last year, I was using the hand launch with my Topwater and paid around $16-$18 anyway. Only a few dollars difference is a no brainer for me. It cost me $20 if I use the hoist on Monday-Thursday because parking is free.
The only negative is they don't opens until 7am on during the week. They opens at 6am on weekends.

My solution is to parking $ is launch mid-day and fish the evening bites and come back late. Not sure about the hours now, but usually free exit at 11PM. If I got loaded back up early would go over to Naja’s and milk a pint. Just have the right electronics and lights w/plenty of battery life. Also look/listen for boat traffic and make sure they see you. Specially the Ava Foss, she’s fast.

Usually a Great night bite w/current for Checkerboards and Grumpies at the various Artificial Reefs fishing structure with the meter. Hit rockfish or halibut spots first, keep an eye open for WSB activity around sunset. Of course Bones and Slime Sticks when the water warms. NB - I never use bait.

Only problem at night is the human one on shore. Seen a ton of cops chasing what they said was a poacher one night (I think smuggler or he just wasn’t wearing a mask). Also tried to get a hand from a guy to weigh a fish, he said ok but needed to use the restroom first. He jumps out of the outhouse in his underwear 10 minutes later high as a kite, singing and dancing - at least he forgot I asked for help.

I hope to be back out in a few months and will be looking for a buddy to join in a PM trip. Nursing a 2nd shoulder break and rebuild in 2 years, so not able to the launch alone and uncertain about handling big fish on the water. So if interested in learning night techniques, look for me to post a few days before a full or new moon in June.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greenscales is offline   Reply With Quote