Thread: La Jolla 06/20
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2020, 07:42 PM   #3
FISH11

Thanks for the report. Sounds like a copy of yesterday. Yesterday I get to LJ Shores launch and there's a whole bunch of kayakers setting up in the dark. My friend Chris tells me that the day before there was good Yellowtail action. It has been looking fishy for weeks, so I get my hopes even higher than they already were. After a while most of the kayaks that were spread all over, start to come back to the point area, most including myself still trying to make more bait to last the day. I trolled the sabiki all day and had 3 spanish, Lost two macs to tangles with suspended kelp, while trolling them along the outer edges of the kelp looking for Yellowtail or WSB. My last spanish got taken by a 14" Calico. Not being able to get more macs I started trolling a greenback Rapala lure and caught another Calico, all fish were released (except my last spanish mac that got eaten by the first calico). I did not see anybody get anything large and most I talked to said they had caught some Calicos. Even guys on the many boats out there were having the same luck. It really has become more about, "Being in the right place at the right time". It's going to open up sometime.
Attached Images

Last edited by FISH11; 06-20-2020 at 08:37 PM.
FISH11 is offline   Reply With Quote