View Single Post
Old 09-30-2017, 04:41 PM   #6
Johnny Hirn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJones View Post
Has removable trays in the center of the kayak which allows for easy storage of rods and dry gear. The Ultra in not cut out in center like trident and storage has to take place through the large front hatch at bow. The Ultra is also is built around the Hummingbird Helix 5 which is a phenomenal fish finder for kayak general use. The transducer bay on the bottom allows for perfect and easy retrofitting of the side scan transducer when the Ocean Kayak transducer mounting kit is used. No muss, no fuss. The bottom of the kayak is cut away at sides to allow clear view for side scan operation. Probably the only kayak on market that allows for this. Needless to say, Johnson Outdoors is the Parent Company and the two "Are Sleeping Together ". Oddly enough the side scan transducer took some modifying to get it in place appropriately on the new Trident. The New Trident als has a few different mounting options, some of which almost seem outdated. There is a cut out allowing for a through hull transducer. A traditional 83 kHz if I am not mistaken. It's almost as if the took a step back in technology. Hardcore kayak fisherman want the newest and greatest technology they can get in a small light weight package and why would they make something useful or practical like allowing for a Lowrance Total Scan transducer to bolt up? That would be shameful? Anyways, fell free to hit me up. I could give you more details if you are still interested?
Thank you for the help!
Johnny Hirn is offline   Reply With Quote