View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 04:15 AM   #17
stairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado50 View Post
I'm sure you are but 16 or 17 yrs. old by how you are asking these questions.(and thats ok). Just follow the post and that should tell you what happened and hopefully the conditions that day won't ever come into play for you. Spill your guts about what? No need to chastise these guys,hopefully their experience(second hand ie. the news report) and your familiarity of the sea you can come to a sense of how this event transpired.
nope I'm an old fart like you doradoI just look 18!
Just trying to get the info out there so no one else makes the same mistake and we end up have a bunch of r.i.p. and prayers on this board.
I fished lj for the first time in 71 and have spent at least 2000 days on the water since,not trying to stir up trouble quite the opposite.Just a month ago while fishing the after thanks giving halibut tournament we came close to losing some people at the mission bay channel entrance in a boat some what bigger then a kayak.
I have pushed my luck before and it was for the same reason ...not knowing or checking the weather conditions,so I'm a guilty as the next guy.
If there was equipment failure in tough conditions and it is because of the way a kayak is designed or modified please let everyone know so they can avoid the mistake.A thirty pound tail or croaker is not worth dying over ( well maybe the croaker).
stairman is offline   Reply With Quote