View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 07:20 AM   #1
Necron 99

When Animals Attack: Drama in real life.

I'm new to this game. I've been fishing out of LA Jolla lately. The other day I went out and dodged lobster pots all morning fishing the kelp edges. Mainly trolling mackerel, one fly lined and one dropper looped. Other than seeing a couple barries chasing sardines, I got no love. I decided to try to troll along the edge of the canyon with the dropper loop as I always see marks on the fish finder at around 120 feet, never gotten a bite there though.
I saw a sea lion working his way along the canyon edge coming towards me. Sure enough, after passing me he grabbed my bait. I got it away from him and he chased it all the way to the yak. He looked kind of pissed. He then started swimming away about 50 feet and coming right at me at full speed. Ever played chicken with a sea lion? At the last second, he would drop under the yak. After about four of these passes, I started to think that he might dump me if he hit me, and gave him the chewed up bait. We then parted ways. I hope I haven't encouraged bad behavior, but he seemed to be getting more and more worked up on every pass. I didn't feel like going for a swim. Any thoughts?
Necron 99 is offline   Reply With Quote