View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 03:41 AM   #74
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxrat View Post
"Jim Day Quote"
Personally I prefer the Long Beach end around the oil islands and the flats for em, there's a good hole to the west of white Island and I have found the west and north faces of both islands to be good at times, but you can get butts in many spots up and down the harbor, and Pedro can be pretty decent. My buddies and I used to call the Pedro end the Sewer because after a good rain you can see all kinds of shit in there. Diapers, condoms, syringes, you name it. One piece of advice I will give you is if you get cuts on your hands always disinfect them really well when you get home. That area especially after rains get's a high bacteria count, and you can get some pretty funky infections if you cut yourself fishing there. I like to carry superglue and glue my cuts closed right away when fishing the wall, as it sure beats a nasty infection.

After a rain you couldn't find a dirtier place to fish then the oil islands. Did you know the LA river dumps right in to the islands. Every piece of shit from LA to long beach ends up in that river.I have seen outhouses floating in the long beach side. They have to put containment booms on the channel to catch the big turds. So keep telling yourself Long Beach is cleaner.
Based on the descriptions that have been posted this is what I'm imagining LB would look like to those of you who have never been.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sewer.jpg (2.8 KB, 159 views)
File Type: jpg Bio.jpg (3.7 KB, 158 views)
File Type: jpg Three Eyed Fish.jpg (3.1 KB, 159 views)
File Type: jpg Homer.jpg (3.0 KB, 159 views)
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote