View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 04:15 PM   #1
summers in kuwait

"Should auld acquaintance be forgot" | La Jolla 12-31-15

I was fortunate to have Thursday off, so I snuck out of the house and made my way to the launch. Pulled up to beautiful conditions and a nearly empty beach.
I talked with Brian and he mentions that the bite had been really good and gives me a rough ideal of where!

I head out and try and make bait. After about 15 mins I had one Spanish that got snagged in my sabiki, but I had some squid....

I see a group of guys north from me and make my way over. It looked like everyone was hooked up so I stayed a little outside and south and dropped my rig.
Hit the bottom, five cranks up and wait. A couple minutes later I'm on.
One big run and I can tell it's a solid fish. A few more runs and I'm thinking its a solid yellow, then it holds at the bottom and I m thinking a black. I finally get line back and see color.... a good size wsb, spewing handfuls of tuna crab!

I have been skunked the last five trips and missed a huge WSB at the kayak a couple weeks ago, so I'm stoked, especially cause I don't have a ff.
Fish was bled, gutted and just barely inside the revolution hatch.
Feeling perfectly content I head in.

Saw Chris as I came in and he was kind enough to grab a shot for me. Thanks again Chris!

I didn't get a weight, but no point making a big deal out of it
50" even on the tape and thick.

Tackle/gear: sealine 40 with 65 lb spectra. Carolina rig with 3oz, 40 lb Fluoro and 2/0 ringed j hook.

Happy New Years!

Todd
summers in kuwait is offline   Reply With Quote