View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014, 01:15 PM   #19
GregAndrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Novotny View Post
Greg, what exactly isn't working with the housing, what should I look out for? Fogging or total failure? How are you doing those deep underwater videos? Is there an aftermarket housing that is better then the one that came with the camera?

Here is a quick video I shot yesterday. I don't know why it uploaded to YouTube in such low quality. It looks amazing on my phone.

Balboa jetty, Newport Harbor: http://youtu.be/4rBW_JogogY
\

The first new housing I got leaked from the bezel (read front glass). I put it down at about 65 feet for maybe 15 minutes and had a good bit of water around the cylinder of the lens. Another 10 minutes and the camera would have been toast. The new locking system on the top is pretty pathetic. Looks like it came out of a cracker Jack box and is almost impossible to open with wet or cold fingers. Go with the regular 3 housing, they are pretty much bomb proof and only slightly larger. Make sure you upload to YouTube at the same ratio that you filmed at. Even then, you probably converted the file from MP4 to something else, then they convert it to their format when you upload it. Makes for too many hands in the soup.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote