View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 06:06 PM   #33
GregAndrew

Let's see if I can answer all these questions.

Jim- The fish looked like it had been on a feeding frenzy for a week, but it was all eggs. I never got around to checking the stomach, cause it already took me a while to filet her. The first cut looked like the Grand Canyon with a backbone at the bottom.

Caffeined- Had to bust the gills with my pliers and, with the belly gaff, she just layed there as I twisted and pulled. When I first took the gaff out she gave me a shower and quite a few tugs for the next hour or so. The most pristine healthy specimen I have ever seen, not a mark on her.

Limits- Now that is what I call Dope. Which ramp of the 605 did he launch his center console from?

FishSouthCounty- Nope, I did not go back there, the waves were too small to surf, and the bottom too dirty to get any good video.

DannyN- It could have been better than that. I bled it out for a good 2.5 hours without beating it. And the first weight I got on it was from a "certified" handheld spring scale and read 47#. When I got home I weighed it on both of my digitals and that is weight I am going with.

SDFishin- My previous PB was over 46 inches and under 39#s, so it is hard to tell. A very nice fish no matter what though.

mtnbykr2- Yep, new PB. A good part of the top filets were over 2 inches thick.

Old Man- Any time bud.

Adi- You inspire me.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote