View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 11:24 AM   #20
knightnsd

Was out Memorial day and turned around from Mission Bay jetty, earlier in the week I felt your pain on ffice:smarttags" />lace w:st="on">La Jollalace> shores and was blessed that few people caught my act beaching last Wed. All four poles tangled as my yak tossed on a wave breaking behind me, hate those double break days when you need eyes in front and behind to watch the waves. Thank God the poles tangled so I kept them all, as only my best pole was tied down, another lesson learned. That day I placed my gaff below as well in the hold, jigs cut-off and placed in bait tank but my new Torium was christened and scraped repeatedly on the shoreline as I played in the surf with my paddle 20 yards out. Tore all the reels apart, lost a .38 cent washer on the Torium that has been or order for a week, thank God for online schematics, it was the drag-bearing thrust washer that rolled through my entire garage somewhere. Got smart and ordered all of the washers for spares just in case of a future repeat that I am hoping is a long time away. Only thing I ended up losing was the bait tank pick-up tube, my dignity, and a lot of time of cleaning reels! That is what I think I lost, I'll find out when I am out later this week, surf-willing.fficeffice" />>>
knightnsd is offline   Reply With Quote