View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 12:52 PM   #8
Iceman
Administrator

Dana Point- Long Beach area is looking interesting, warmest bubble of water, closest to the beach.

Quote:
"60 lb lost it at the boat" got it wrapped it up in the props only 2 miles out of Newport- at least that's what he said, trolling cedar plugs and a green and white feather- hooked it on the feather--- says they saw a whale and big pods of dolphin birds bait-- that's within rowing distance! 9:42 am
were right on the 267 saw some 60 80ers this morning--- they're here!
I got a jumper- 9:50 there's some fish jumping off your port side
They're big ones--- had em' come under the boat 4 or 5 times-- there's plenty of fish here-- maybe later when the tide turns-- OK good luck( offshore fishing grounds 209/ 277)
We got one 6 off Dana on a nat. cedar plug---- saw multiple fish after that and they wouldn't touch it---
They're pretty quick- tried mac's, sardines- all of it- the only one I got was at 9 am this morning on that cedar plug-- I have not tried a popper yet!
--- not many fish hooked so far today that I've heard of -- 12:45- JD wind switched a little coming from the south now skys stil a bit overcast-
I had those big models up all around us this morning between the two banks the 209 and the 277 had em' all around the boat but they've gone down for now-- 12:59pm