Thread: MALIBU /TOPANGA
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 04:29 PM   #12
sasha

So i meet Frank and he is thinking about lanching on the surfers side of the pier.. Waves are as high as a big foot if there was one... Frank says no big deal i can do it with my eyes closed. well after trying to explain to him that im scared to out on this side he agrees to go on the other side. So here we are getting ready to lanch. Frank gives me an advice, What ever you do dont stop and paddle as hard as you can. We pull the kayaks out on the water i wait for some open space and go for it. break thru one wave just to have it push me back so i paddle even harder. Here comes the next one i go as fast as i can which feel like standing in one place. Put more energy into it. Now i go as a bat out of hell.. break right thru another wave with the water over my head. Dont stop keep going. When i got to the end of the pier i look back and there is no Frank... look again and there is something blue on shore with something swiming next to it. Turn the kayak around to watch Frank walk out of the water. dripping water and looks like a wet cat. My dad helps him out with something and our man is right back into it... BOOOOOMMMMMMM a wave hits Frank and he is back on shore looking like a poodle that just got out of the washing machine.. again him and dad doing something but it takes long.. But hey you never leave anyone behind right........... so i wait.. Frank is DA MAN he is right back at it nothing can slow him down he is DA MAN.....
He goes in and BOOOOOOMMMMM CRUSHHHHHHHHH he is back on shore looking like a Gorilla that fell off a tree into the swamp...... There is not stoping FRANK he is back at it again... In no time what so ever he out of the surf and next to me... Well im sure he meant to do it so i know what not to do.... Now i follow Frank to his secret spot.. waves pick up and im scared again but Frank says not to worry he would show me proper landing on the way back. Hey im a new at kayaking so i hope you understand how scared im. we done some fishing and out of no where i land what i think must be a about 40lb butt.. I want to keep it realy bad but Frank says it would spoil by the time we get back and he is sure i would get a bigger one. I follow our man FRANK... I catch another one Frank offers to keep it for me on the way back so i dont lose it.
before landing my man Frank says he would show me how not to land in the surf. I asked him that he dont need to do that. He says not to worry is know what hes doing as he is good at it.. SO here goes our man into the surf. I watch him ride the wave leaning into it and boooommmmm no frank......................... there is a blue kayak 10sec later there is frank.. walking out of the ocean like the swamp monster. Well now that i know what im not suppsed to do. i just ride the wave in and lucky me im totaly dry when i land... I must say thanks to Frank for showing me every move out there that i should not be doing... Im only upset that he lost my fish it was a huge butt... Need to get a few more lesson from Frank as he is the best teacher out there..

Sasha
sasha is offline   Reply With Quote