View Single Post
Old 05-24-2019, 06:47 PM   #7
Saba Slayer

beautiful day

Mike...you should have a great time tomorrow...
It was a beautiful calm morning today in Redondo...the wind picked up around 11am and it got a little sloppy on the outside in the afternoon...tomorrow is forecast to be SE winds in the am switching to SW and increasing in the afternoon...so it should be a nice morning.
Got a limit of Red Rockfish once I found the clouds of red crabs...all the fish came up spitting out crabs. The pink AHI Squirt and squid strips worked great with lots of doubles.
I switched to Halibut when the wind picked up and caught 4 shorts on the HookUp Baits but just couldn't connect with that legal...

Chris Mautino came down to the launch for a clinic on the new Hobie Pro Angler...He'll be guiding at Whalers Cove Resort in Alaska this summer and they just bought a bunch of new 12' PA's for the resort...they also picked up a dozen Hobie i12s inflatables for the float plane excursions....
It sounds like they are going "all out" "top shelf" for the kayak trips....and Chris should be a great guide.

Good Luck tomorrow...
I'd post some photos but the BWE photo hosting site is down. and you know what Red Rockfish look like anyway... LOL

Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote