View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 10:38 PM   #30
Corey

OK, sorry to let this go on for so long. First I would like to apologize for our failure to clarify all of this at the beginning of the year when this conversation first began.
Our original intent with the wild card submission was to make the competing angler choose whether or not to make a final, non-upgradeable submission during the month of the catch. After our much discussed statements on this thread, we discussed this matter further and decided that we would prefer to stick with our original intent and not allow upgrades to the wild card. However, we failed to publicly state this decision, and therefore caused several anglers to submit wild card fish under the premise that these submissions would not be final and could be upgraded at a later date. Therefore, I feel that the only fair way to resolve this issue is to allow the wild card submission to be upgraded. This gives each angler the same opportunity, and does not take anything away from any angler on the board.
Currently, to my knowledge, no anglers have a wild card fish with which to upgrade , so this decision may well end the year as a moot point. And as I stated previously this decision gives every angler in the contest the same opportunity to catch an exotic, post the wild card submission, catch a bigger exotic, then upgrade the submission.
Again, I apologize for our oversight and I hope everyone still wants to play our silly little game.

have fun,

corey