View Single Post
Old 02-11-2015, 11:51 AM   #1
Cbad
HOW account for Cbad Mike

HOW event February 28th

Hi everyone,
The next Heroes On The Water event is scheduled for Saturday February 28th in Mission Bay.
We need volunteers to be there between 6:30 and 7:00 to help set up and then break down afterwards, which is usually 2:30-3:00.
There has been a lot of work going on behind the scenes since our last event.
We are working towards our goal of being the biggest and the best chapter in the country but we need your help to do so.
While we are still working on an accurate head count of how many veterans will be attending we would like to start getting confirmations of how many volunteers will be attending.

I've seen an increase of new BWE members and want to invite you all down to help out a great cause in a fun way.
As a volunteer you will assist a disabled veteran or two as they spend a few hours on the water fishing.
You even get to fish too!
After being on the water we serve lunch to all of our guest veterans and volunteers.

So to put it in a nut shell, As an event volunteer you will be:

1. Helping set up tables and kayaks before the event.
2. Helping our disabled veterans spend a well needed, relaxing day on the water fishing.
3. Fishing yourself.
4. Meeting some pretty cool people.
5. Enjoying a free lunch.
6. Helping break down the tables and load the kayaks after the event.
7. Driving home knowing that you helped make such a great difference in a disabled veterans day or possibly even his month.

This is probably the easiest day volunteering that you can do!

I'm looking forward to seeing some new faces along with the familiar ones!

Please contact me with any questions!

Thanks for the support,
Mike
Cbad is offline   Reply With Quote