View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 06:48 AM   #13
PapaDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by October View Post
if i was in a wider, 14-16 footer, I wouldnt mind AS much. AND, my yak is sand colored. Aka, FLESH colored. haha

so aside from LJ, would dana point be pretty good too? I was looking at the kelp beds there that are pretty close to the beach. Anyone fish those? Id like to hit some calicos and what not.

I go out to DP all the time. There are several areas that are known to house Calico and Sand bass. One area that is popular is the pipline. It is pretty close to the harbor entrance and goes out a good distance. Head out to the red bouy at the harbor entrance, go about 200 yards south from there and look for a hump on the bottom on your fish finder. The pipeline goes straight out from there.

You can also try along the beach, I have been getting some Calico's there ercently, and there is a lot of kelp to the south that can be productive, to the north as well. Do some exploring too, there are all kinds of surprises out there.

I live off Scott Road across from the Revival church. Perhaps we can link up sometime, PM me for contact info.