View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 04:35 PM   #6
October
Fish Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentek9 View Post
in my opinion... yt smash pacific mackerel most readily in LJ compared to spanish macs or sardines. i used a fly lined 1/0 Owner saltwater ringed live bait hook on 20# fluoro topshot with 65# spectra. i was lucky that the line didnt break. i have purchased some 25# and 30# fluoro. like i said... i will be out there saturday and you are more than welcome to fish with my friend and i. we are also relatively new to LJ kayak fishing, but my buddy is not new to YT fishing (he has a boat too). send me a pm if you want to meet up on saturday.
thanks man. I would love to get out there Saturday, gotta work though. im also getting a little nervous about having a narrow twelve footer out there. Especially with all the grey suit reports. it would be the first time I take it in the ocean. I went tandem kayaking there out of OEX but our hobie was rock solid, i couldnt flip it if I tried. My kayak I feel (in lakes) like I could tip it easily with a push of a wake... maybe a couple more yaks on the lake and ill be more stable and have more confidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaDCh View Post
I am mostly a live bait person, I both fly line and drop one down close to the bottom. I got hooked up on a spanish mac near the bottom Saturday. My buddy got hooked up with a soupfin on the bottom as well. Nothing went for the flylined mac except a overzelous dolphin. THAT was a ride.
Side note; small world, I live in Menifee too. You fish any of the local lakes around here? Perris has been great for kayak bassing lately.
October is offline   Reply With Quote