View Single Post
Old 07-02-2020, 11:27 AM   #8
igotpron
Xcoastie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISH11 View Post
The walk out to knee deep (on wave regression), Jump on and pedal quickly through the surf is the best method and if surf is bigger than 3'-4' than also use the paddle. The only thing I see recommended that I would never do, is have the drive out and click it once in the surf. The drive should have been already installed, leashed and the most important part, HAVE THE BUNGEE ATTACHED to the mirage drive pedal to, to keep the fins against the hull. That should have been done first after the hull is set on the sand. The drive should not come out Launching or Landing. The kayak user should learn when to get their feet off the drive pedals and allow the bungee to do it's job, as designed.

I agree here. But only really recommend for the v2 and v1 drives. The GT and 180 drives do not like getting sand them and require a tear down when sand gets in the bearings.

Now my self have done the wait, Paddle and then insert drive and have had a few failure to launches. The last one I remember was the drive not clicking in both sides, then me messing with it trying to remove an re install and getting pummeled back to shore. Bent mast and torn fin on launch. Very shi77y way to start your morning. Now I only launch with the drive installed and bungeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
igotpron is offline   Reply With Quote