View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 12:19 PM   #30
Duckbutter619
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlabs63 View Post
I have caught a few yellows (all rats) with Hookup Baits. A couple of months ago I caught 2 rat yellows, a short WSB and 2 keeper calicos in about 10 casts. I also caught a 25" calico in November. They get bit, but they do not last.

Duckbutter, how did you catch it? Were you deadsticking it, or bouncing it off the bottom?

Baja Marty, I think the grouper will definitely bite them, but they will likely tear them apart. Also, they take a while to sink. Until recently, the heaviest one was 1.5 oz. I was stoked to see they came out with a 4 oz, but I almost fell over when I saw the $20 price tag. The Anchovy color looks like a sardina, so that would work. I caught two nice ones on an Anchovy Flat Fall. I love catching them!
Jlabs, I’m not too familiar with the terminology. I’m pretty new to everything so what is dead sticking? I was slow trolling with the 1oz bouncing it around 5 ft off the bottom. I also agree the hookups do not last but I have a lot of action on them especially with the bay bass. To me they are worth the price tag just because I’m pulling way more fish with them.
Duckbutter619 is offline   Reply With Quote