View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 07:34 AM   #15
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepdvr View Post
I think we all know we are fishing in the taxman's backyard. As you said before, its a numbers game and somebody's number will come up eventually. I really don't buy into all this color/pattern nonsense.....unless you enjoy sitting on a ridiculous looking yak.
I used to know a old guy that only fished two colors of lures: white lures and black lures. He used white lures on sunny days, and black lures on cloudy days, and he was a hell of a fisherman, and caught a lot of fish.

One day we were talking about it and he said essentially what you said: I really don't buy into all this color/pattern nonsense. If a fish wants to eat a lure it's going to eat it.

My take was fair enough, I mean whatever works for you. That said at the risk of looking ridiculous I'll stick to the blue and white irons and the sardine and mackerel patterned lures, the zukini and mean joe green colored feathers and marlin jigs, and all those other lure patterns I like to use and have had success with because between you and I and the rest of the internet world...... I really do think when it comes to what fish and sharks are attracted to, color does in fact make a difference.

More then one way to skin a catfish though... and to each their own.

Jim
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote