View Single Post
Old 08-31-2020, 05:00 PM   #1
StrikerMC
Instagram:@nomad.waterman

Huge bottom fish haul- Redondo 8/30

Hi all! Haven't posted a report in a while, but here's one (plus a fish ID request) from Sunday at Redondo. I went out with a few other guys, one of them (SocalEDC) also posted a report.

Water was very warm but no surface activity whatsoever. Two weeks ago, my buddy and I found a secret rock at 290' and marked it. Came back to it yesterday and had WFO Boccaccio action. Every drop was a fish, and none were small. It was an easy limit as the bite was nonstop, and the fish ate everything from bait (small fish), mackerel (medium fish), and 6" gulp curly tails (big fish).

Crazy thing was... I had a fish bite off a gulp curly tail at 8AM in around 300' of water, and I caught the fish with it in its mouth at around 12PM. It wasn't on the hook so gulp must make a good product!

The last two pictures are of an angry fish I caught. I got two total on plastics. They were biting me and the plastic while trying to unhook them. I have no idea what it is... some kind of goby? Let me know if you've seen it before!

I've posted more photos and a video of the trip on my Instagram, go ahead and check it out! @nomad.fish

StrikerMC is offline   Reply With Quote