View Single Post
Old 11-24-2020, 10:12 PM   #23
Salty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISH11 View Post
To those that think it was stuck on the bottom, maybe you should look at the video a little closer and notice that the are next to no swells for the hull to go up or down. The exception was when a boat wake crossed and you can see the movement and a slap noise from the hull. In the 7+ years I have been fishing LJ in my kayaks and now the Solo Skiff., I have many times got stuck on the bottom and that is easy to tell what's going on, most times you go up hill and pull from a different angle then what got you stuck and you get your gear back. Other time it doesn't do any good. Those time you could pull as hard as you want and you can't gain any line and the line won't break using the rod. Those time what I have to do is take one of my Scotty rocket launcher rod holders out wrap the braid around it and use it as a handle to pull up as hard as possible and that is what it takes to break the 65 lb braid. Also had many sharks on the line this was something new for me. I have never brought up a BSB. The still pictures I took from the gopro video also show 0.0mph in movement even when I released the drag twice to see if it was a fish wrapped on the bottom, because there was almost no current at that time. Each time it would take line to the same area and stop. Then I could gain line again and it would just pull it back to the same area, weird. I hope to have better luck tomorrow.
Good luck tomorrow! Go catch whatever the hell that was!
Salty is offline   Reply With Quote