View Single Post
Old 11-20-2020, 07:45 AM   #8
FISH11

Quote:
Originally Posted by katchfish View Post
Looks like a BSB.
Thanks for the input, I think you are right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jruiz View Post
Doubt that's a halibut. I've brought up 50+lb pacific halibut on single speed reels with reels only capable of 10-15lbs of drag. What you get alot of times with a sizeable halibut is an initial run along the bottom but once you get them turned around it just like a wet blanket with headshakes. You occasionally get a second run if they see the boat or if you let up on the pressure. I agree with another posters assessment that it is likely a BSB. But hey, if you feel good about saying it's a halibut, go ahead.
I appreciate the input, I tend to agree with you guys, at this point. When I think about how at the start I was able to get it up a little and thought I was making headway, but each time it was totally over powering to just get back to were it was. I have fought and lost 40 lb Yellowtail at the surface and as strong as they are, they could never pull like that. The only thing I've fought that pulled that strong for a long time, was a approx. 130 lb Thresher, that broke a Terez rod as I cut the leader when it was up against the side of my kayak. It sure would have been great to see it and get a picture.