Thread: What A Year
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2017, 05:06 PM   #4
ful-rac
Emperor

Yep I agree! I think overall it was a tough year as far as Halibut fishing goes. But Fantastic year overall, for Team Sewer. I caught a decent halibut every month except March and December. Caught the big 3... Halibut, White SeaBass and Yellowtail, none of which were caught in LJ. I did win the MDR Halibut Derby this year, the first to win on a kayak. Of course i did win that trip to Alaska...which was a blast! I also would have won 2 categories in the Big fish challenge...I could have cheated and dethroned jorge...but I didn't...but I should have! Greg won the HOW tournament, and got a whole shitload of prizes...he almost won the halibut category.. but got dethroned by Jorge. If anybody wants to know Jorge's secret...it's being completely passed out on your kayak...and when your fish tangles all your lines and rocks you awake...start winding, and have your gaff ready. We slayed the lobsters so far this season...possibly the best season of all time, numbers wise. Korea beat the crap out of Mexico in soccer....

So yeah it was a great year!