View Single Post
Old 08-30-2014, 08:16 AM   #2
FlyFishinYakr

Location: Nor Cal...30 min from Bodega/Tomales Bay, 1hr from Clear Lake, 2+ hr to Berryessa & the Delta
You did not state exactly the nature of your sons' complaints. Are they sure the seat is properly adjusted for them? Is it a support problem, a padding issue? Since it's a HOBIE, do the other seats slide? Those seem to be the most common complaints.
I got in on a group buy (GB) a couple years back on a Seairsports Pacific Angler seat (actually bought two) .
It has great high back support but no lumbar support (as with most seats). Like many older Kayakers I have a bad back so I bought some 4" closed cell foam and built a sturdy lumbar support.
I've heard the GTS expedition seat is comfortable. They both have great seat padding, the GTS also has back padding and I hear it "wraps around" the body pretty nicely. I've heard only one person complain about the lack of lumbar support, otherwise I've heard nothing but good things about it!
If you add more specifics on your son's issues I'm sure more members will chime in on how to remedy the situation.
FFY
FlyFishinYakr is offline   Reply With Quote