View Single Post
Old 10-19-2015, 02:55 PM   #6
Pinhead
We all Stink Sometimes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phishphood View Post
Depends what kind of quality of video you're looking for, but older gopro's work just fine. Couple bucks for a tripod mount for them and a buck for the right screw and some PVC and you've made your own pole mounts. Put them in the front of yak, or in rod holder behind the seat etc. Plunk down some $$ for a wireless remote (wrist wearable, I think most gopros from 2 and 3 are wifi enabled) for remote power/recording options and you're good to go.

That said if you're looking for much better quality video, newer cameras are the way to go (but much more $$$). They'll give you higher framerates so you can slow it down to .5x or less and still be super smooth at HD quality. 4k video is up to personal preference but I think it's unnecessary. Sony did come out with a 4k action cam though that I'm really liking. Not for the 4k aspect but because it has in-camera stabilization. This is huge, as you're probably seen most gopro vids are shaky etc just from holding it. No clue on mounts for it though.

Long story short- what are you planning to do with the footage and how much are you willing to spend?

Video quality is not all that important. I just need to have it clear and stabilized enough so my buddies in Idaho can see my mug, my fish, the great weather they left behind and turn green with envy ;-)

Thanks for the good advice. Looks like a few other suggestions are coming in on this thread as well. Love this Forum!
Pinhead is offline   Reply With Quote