View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 03:28 PM   #73
Aaron&Julie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade View Post
X2!

Chalk it up as #1st one learned..
(& on a side note, if u really did drag that thing by its tail for over 30 minutes, chances are it wouldnt have made it, so chalk that up too as it didnt go to waste..)
X3!
Everyone knows your estimation and difficulty were a little out of whack. Like someone said, "Most of the guys would have that caught in 5 minutes", tail hooked or not. Hell, even my gal would have. You were no doubt being cautious after losing so many others. Can't blame you for that. Being your PB on a yak, you obviously way over-estimated its weight. I'd guess 25lb, maybe 30 max. But, what the hell it was legal. I've got much bigger gripes with people who poach 100 lobster in one night in the off-season, then get off with what I think is little repercussion, I'd give them at least 6 months in jail, that'd stop that.
Jim Sammons was right, though, it's bad publicity in our fight against the MLPA, because the ignorant nut-job environmentalists, don't know or care that the much larger fish are always the breeders. They'll only call it baby killing, regardless.
And Wade was right, that fish was probably going to die being dragged tail first for 30 minutes. Better to keep it, and eat it, which you obviously are doing, than leave it for the bottom feeders. IMHO. I just wouldn't have posted the photo, and let everyone call you a liar, without a photo. Then, no one would have known it wasn't a 70lber.

But, I loved your enthusiasm. Get a little thicker skin, buy a scale (one that goes to 50lbs), and keep coming back. Your post was nice.
Most of the actual comments were on your side, many of the negatives ones were strictly in sarcasm. Sometimes you gotta read between the lines.
On a side note, there were some funny comments made by Deamon. All in good fun, as far as I’m concerned.

Good luck and hook up,
Aaron