View Single Post
Old 07-01-2022, 02:32 PM   #1
FISH11

Talking La Jolla 6-29-2022 on the Solo Skiff, Tuna Search.

I've been watching the Fish Counts and trying to see when it might pick up, a little further North on the 9. After seeking lowprofile's post of getting the big Bluefin, I got the need to check out some deeper water. So I figured I would go on a big loop starting heading South to be more even with mission beach and then make my way north again to La Jolla. I have covered so much water lately, that this loop was not much more than on days , I also fish around Torrey Pines. The Trail on my Lowrance 7TI, recorded the trail and the areas were there's several (Circles close together) are changes in direction and usually means, areas I found Life and a reason to hang out longer. The water was way warmer further out and the highest I metered was 74 degrees, around LJ it's still around 67-68. The water started to get colder as I headed North again and as, it kept getting colder. I thought I might cut off a little distance, so I started heading back and not making a bigger loop. It recorded my trip at 35 nautical miles. It was so great to be on the water and have sun and clear skies. Being alone without even seeing boats at times, reminded me of why I love hearing the Dwight Yoakam song "I'm a Thousand Miles From Nowhere" ( and Time don't matter to me, cause I'm a Thousand Miles From Nowhere and There's No Place I'd Rather Be". So Relaxing! Just the start of what will be many trips, in search of Tuna and Yellowtail.

Last edited by FISH11; 07-01-2022 at 03:45 PM.
FISH11 is offline   Reply With Quote