View Single Post
Old 03-16-2021, 02:40 PM   #18
JohnMckroidJr

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalEDC View Post
Yea, I those are nice but man they are expensive, I know capt. Mike from the video you linked above uses the saltiga line of star drag reels. Those seem to be pretty damn fine reels as well. The shimano you mentioned i think the f series has that free spool lever brake or what ever they call it. its a wierd gadget but some guys love it.

The seigler LGN (large game narrow) retrievs 52" per crank if im not mistaken and the accurate valiant 500N pulls in 46" per crank if i remember correctly. might be worth looking into. the SGN is about 150 bucks less than the valiant, but I think you would probably prefer the handle on the valiant if you went that direction. Then again you are in OJ territory price wise for the the valiant.
Ocea Jigger J is out of my budget, but I will keep an APB for a used deal. Getting the jig to sink fast is critical in my fishery as it is a race against the current to make it to the bottom in a vertical presentation. A minimal resistance free spool would be a definite advantage. Siegler LGN would make a good candidate for me -- thanks. For a better grip on a metal handle, I am trying Plasti Dip on my latest used aquisition.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Handlecoat.jpg (83.5 KB, 70 views)
JohnMckroidJr is offline   Reply With Quote