View Single Post
Old 03-09-2021, 08:21 AM   #17
SoCalEDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMckroidJr View Post
Thanks for the reviews. I am not fond of the metal reel knobs either. I love the feel of an Avet's handle. I have heard good things about both of those reels. In my area, I prefer faster line retrieval. Like over 44" per crank. Sometimes I will mix it up with a little speed jigging. I would like to spring for an Ocea Jigger F 2001NRHG, but would have a hard time using it on a kayak. I wish some of the US companies would produce something like that at an affordable price.
Yea, I those are nice but man they are expensive, I know capt. Mike from the video you linked above uses the saltiga line of star drag reels. Those seem to be pretty damn fine reels as well. The shimano you mentioned i think the f series has that free spool lever brake or what ever they call it. its a wierd gadget but some guys love it.

The seigler LGN (large game narrow) retrievs 52" per crank if im not mistaken and the accurate valiant 500N pulls in 46" per crank if i remember correctly. might be worth looking into. the SGN is about 150 bucks less than the valiant, but I think you would probably prefer the handle on the valiant if you went that direction. Then again you are in OJ territory price wise for the the valiant.
2020 Hobie Outback SOLD
2021 Stealth Fisha 500
#StealthTribe
SoCalEDC is offline   Reply With Quote