View Single Post
Old 05-22-2014, 12:45 PM   #13
FISH11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunters Pa View Post
And be careful on the landing. Idiots and their kids playing in the launch area can be hard to avoid when riding in on a wave trying not to tip. They just stand there like deer in the headlights as the wave carries you right at them.
X2….. If you get there before 7am you should be able to find a parking spot in the parking lot and just wheel the kayak down to the bathrooms than get onto the sand at the opening in the wall and wheel it down a little further on the sand closer to the normal launch where they are still doing the construction. It is easier to unload in the parking lot because even on a normal weekend the dead end street by the bathrooms is full of car unloading (Scuba divers, kayaker, etc.) and trying to back out is a Bi**h. Kind of want to join you but I made myself a rule a long time ago after almost getting killed while on a 4th of July out on my stand up Jet Ski doing tricks in the middle of Mission Bay some idiot on a rental hit my Jet Ski broad side cause he was laying down and couldn't see where he was going. On all those kind of Holidays it's best to avoid being out anywhere people are driving motorized vehicle that they normaly don't use. I repeat IDIOTS!