View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 06:53 AM   #12
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

Well, I guess I have been taken to the woodshed. I am very surprised at the flaming that I am taking for this one. Everyone, of course is entitled to their opinion. I will stand by mine.

My position on this is that if the average guy is going to have to abide by these new regs, the commercial fishermen should have to do so as well. What I saw yesterday was obviously intentional. Who among us supports the idea that one class of fishermen has to obey the law and another class does not?

The more important point of my post was the the fact that the organization chartered with enforcing the new regs is clueless as to what they are. The fact that the procedure used to deal with the commercial poachers that were identified is to mail a letter was also an eye opener.

Like it or not, the new regs are here, at least for a while. We have to live with the cards that we have been dealt. Contrary to what some might think, the DFG wardens are not the enemy. They have an important job to do and precious few resources with which to do it. I, for one would rather have a cordial and respectful relationship with these guys rather than an adversarial one. I think that I may have done a bit to help secure the former with what I did yesterday.

Bob