View Single Post
Old 09-10-2014, 08:02 AM   #1
danjor

We have the technology

I had been thinking about adding a motor to one of my kayaks for a couple years now, I know some people hate the idea of a motorized kayak but whatever, I don't have money for a boat so my kayak is my yacht. Anyways I never liked the options for motors, one hand you have the torqueedo which in my opinion is noisy and expensive and you can only use their battery. Other option is a trolling motor which is way overpowered, heavy, bulky and inefficient.

Finally I think we may have another option, the T200 from blue robotics which is currently in there last day of a kick starter campaign. If they reach there next stretch goal they will make the T200 thruster which is a brushless 10lbs thrust ducted motor that is pretty efficient, weights about a pound, has a integrated speed controller that is aundrino compatible.
I'm put in my pledge for one so I can play around with it. My goal is to turn it into a efficient trolling motor style motor with a waterproof servo steering.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...water-thruster

I know the delivery date for the thruster is a while out but is anyone else interested in something like this?
danjor is offline   Reply With Quote