View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 11:17 AM   #21
wade

[QUOTE=blackcloud9;96544]
"Slashed nets?" I guarantee the holes in your nets were caused by
moray eels -

Ive been hooping for over twenty years, and never experienced cuts as clean as this, because These were cut by a human. not a eel or any fish in the sea..i have also dealt with seals chewing , and it wasnt that either..the cuts were to the THICK bridal, not the net that can get cut by a rock quite easily.
& your also supporting that eel theory on the capsizing also?

Turning on the two spotlights at Vietors was probably to see what all the
screaming was about.

Nope..We were completely silent until the lights came on..
That screaming was indeed me, but it sure wasn't happiness..

Let me assure you, there were no "fast free divers" messing with you, at
all. The visibility was 3 ft with soupy red tide, and there were only three
divers all night, further north off Palomar. Certainly not "divers from
those mansions". Most of the people that live along the cliffs are not
'watermen' to say the least.

Ok whatever makes you all happy. the divers live in Arizona then OK?...
The divers were there, and they were cutting nets. BTW There were MANY more then three confirmed,..
I also realize you live right around there, but how do you have the entire ocean in lock down?

Thanks for the map those look like some good spots. LOL. Warning to all:
hooping boilers in 10-15' of water, you better do it on a very FLAT night,with no waves. Everyone should remember that this is challenging terraindue to "shallow reefs and sneaker sets". This area will all likely be closed in the MLPA process soon.

Yes, thats why I hooped it for years..not many would get in there..Good bugs...The Tred Barta way is the best way...

I launched from the shores, fished all over the place during the day, and worked my way down to PB buggin, then came back up fishing at midnight and landed at the shores...
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ................

Last edited by wade; 10-03-2011 at 04:23 PM.