Thread: PA and Revo
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 07:14 AM   #38
TCS

Reading these posts on the computer I actually started thinking about an upgrade. Then I took out the adventure for a nice long session yesterday and remembered why I like it so much.

At 16 feet with a pointed bow and stern it really slices through the water. Although not an issue yesterday, this hull design also handles great in surf entries and exits, and handles a folloiwing swell really well.

Its narrow. It's low. And that's good. I'm a surfer and I'm used to being close to the water. I can drop my legs over the side easily for a break or fighing the odd fish. Comfort? I can peddle for 8 hours with no pain. Stability? it seems a little tippy at first but terminal stability is awesome.

I've been out at night quite a bit. Bump in the night? I really don't think that's a big safety concern although you do think about it...

Point is, this thread makes is sound like the PA is the only good option. I'm sure its an awesome option, but if I had one I would keep the adventure too because there are definitely some things I like better about it.

Downside of the adventure? Wet butt gets old, particularly in winter. Accessing the front hatch on the water is really hard and requires removing the mirage drive. When I had 3 40lb wsb on it one niight this year the stern was completely under water, and that was with two of the fish under my lap. The adventure does NOT turn in it's own radius and would be a pain for lobster fishing.

Also, I'm sure there are just as many or more pro-revo people out there who didn't post.
TCS is offline   Reply With Quote