View Single Post
Old 12-13-2006, 01:24 PM   #18
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

I am in, only in the sense, that I might win, (yeah right) the same reason, I buy a lottery ticket, with really little to no chance. :P I have to be honest, it is not much fun watching the same people lead by a couple hundred points... While I respect their skills, dedication, and enjoy their reports, let's face it those guys spend more time on the water, not because they crave it more than everyone else, but because they can. For those people that do not have flexible schedules and work 8-5pm mon through Fri, then have only the weekends to fish, it is hard to be competitive. Waiting for a weekday bite to stay until sat or sun = Frustration. Throw in family functions, kids, girlfriends :roll: , mistresses etc, some people (not me thank God) have to choose their fishing weekends wisely,and I can respect, and appreciate that. IMHO tournaments like these are more fun if they are competitive, and have parody, flip flopping of the leaders, a close race, multiple submissions.... Who likes to watch blowouts in sports? I understand, it will never be a level playing field in things like this, but it is ok to shake things up too.

I can see all sides, and appreciate the info shared by anglers on all the message boards. I would keep an open mind to multiple species, but can understand restricting to certain species, ie WSB, YT, and Hali.

ONE fish per month, One pt per pound, any legal size, Keep the release 15 pts, (no tape shot on YT) Keep the Mulligan, drop the mothership Wildcard. Make an incentive other than prestige for the top Ten, money off the top for #4-10 free sign up for next year... ahhh whatever, I'm playing! :lol:

Just some unsolicited suggestions... 8)

Chris

btw: R.I.P WCB
Holy Mackerel is offline   Reply With Quote