View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 04:13 PM   #10
fishsouthcounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsafety View Post
The folks at LifeProof have asked me to do a review of this case from the prospective of a kayak fisherman. I have had this device for the past couple of weeks and am very impressed. Unlike the flexible plastic cases, this one is not bulky. It is only slightly larger than the phone itself. Unlike most of the hard cases, all the phone functions work perfectly while the phone is in the case. You can even film video underwater.

Someone mentioned a lanyard for this case. This is very important to me as well since I like to wear my phone around my neck for easy access. LifeProof has a floating lanyard in the works but is not yet available. I had to jerry-rig one for my purposes. It is not pretty but it works. Attachment 4814

I have not yet taken this thing fishing but hope to get out sometime this week. When I do, I plan to put this thing through its paces. This may included intentionally flipping my yak during a launch or landing.

Before anyone calls me an idiot, you should know that I have checked this thing out very carefully. I soaked the case in water for several hours before putting the phone in... no leaks. I have used the phone in my pool and even shot some video underwater. No problems so far. This thing is nearly bulletproof. I have faith that it will provide more than enough protection under just about any conditions that I am likely to encounter while on the water in a kayak.

Stay Tuned.

Bob
Very cool Bob. Definitely let us know your thoughts as it definitely sounds like a sound investment as it is practical beyond just being out on the kayak...god knows the iPhones dont handle a short drop to any hard surface very well. Does the case only work for the 4 or is it compatible with the 3G also??

Tim
fishsouthcounty is offline   Reply With Quote