Thread: LJ 8/4
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 04:14 PM   #1
DESTROYER

LJ 8/4

Took a guided trip for Jim today with a real cool guy from Arizona named Lou Norman. How do you go wrong with 2 first names.

Surf was pumping. Bigger than I have seen it in awhile but hey, I don't get out a lot. I got Lou out dry but can't say the same for myself. I got totally tubed bra

Lots of Greenbacks...oh Shat, my bait tank is broken! Yep, the cupling broke when the wave hit it. I had to make freshies all day to change out the baits which wasn't bad because we both got hit by something toothy twice.

Around 9:30 the sun came out and we were off the NW Corner when I see a school of about 8-10 nice sized YT sunning themselves. Threw the and they wanted nothing to do with it. Stayed in the general area 110-135 feet and see them a few more times. Finally get the perfect cast, I tell Lou to be ready cause I'm gonna hand it off to him. I reel straight through them and I get a reaction bite but it didn't stick

That's my story! Beautiful day, no love but we enjoyed Whales in the distance and playful dolphin next to the kelp. I really enjoy LJ. BTW- Water warmed back up to 63 and by the time we left the surface temp was almost 65. LJ is back to it's old school self and I think the slow trolled Greenies will be the ticket for the 9th Annual SMMT. Go get em.

Moyer
DESTROYER is offline   Reply With Quote