View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 08:59 AM   #14
sammysamsam

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSledTeam View Post
Here's how I did it... simple and 6 months later it still works great too! Thanks for the How-to tip Leo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyHill View Post
With the bag i fill it up just enough to cover the transducer maby 2'' of water thats it. Then zip it up all the way to the wire. Once im out past the surf zone i just get into my hatch and reposition the transducer.

You get clear readings altho the water temp will be off. At least mine always is.

This trick was shown to me by another member over 2 years ago out on the water. I still use it till this day. I dont have a problem with it moving around on me and i seem to only get to fish when the conditions are at there worst haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flydigital View Post
That's just about how I do it! Although mine is just tie-wrapped to the hobie sailing mast.

It doesn't move around, only when flipping the kayak upside down during storage, etc... but you just move it into position while you are loading your gear and it stays put. Simple and sonar performance is much better than a goop install.

so its been a few months and now im finally getting back into fishing and putting this thing in.

Im gonna try it with the bungee cord wrapped like that and then try the zip lock method just for kicks. If i dont get good readings, ill try the foam method. Thanks all. ill report back.

Anyone have any other ideas?
sammysamsam is offline   Reply With Quote