View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 05:41 PM   #4
DanaPT

Food for thought. . .

Attached are a couple of pics. I bought a used x factor with all the bells and whistles installed (Installed very well by the previous owner). Not speaker wire, looks like standard grade wires.

The bow light is permanently affixed and is battery operated. Just need to press a button on the water-proof light (green and red). It's permanently screwed onto the hull, not exactly sure how it's on, but it's on!

The Fish finder is wired through a white two piece contraption that keeps water out from the inside of the kayak. I saw these for sale at West Marine. My transducer is on an arm that I swing over and drop into the water. The FF head sits in a custom made stand that slips into the scotty mount on the side of the kayak.

The bait tank is operated by a simple on/off toggle switch protected by a rubber sleeve. The switch was installed from the inside of the hull and the rubber switch screwed on from the top (no screws). This tank has a 5 amp fuse. The bait tank is plugs into a receptical.

All the wires for fish-finder, bait-tank, and optional trolling motor are all run from the hull of the kayak and zip tied to stay out of the way. I use one 12 v battery for all electronics and can get about 4 hours of heavy use. THe bait-tank and trolling motor will probably run longer, but the FF w/ GPS draws a bunch of energy and is the first to shut down.

More questions, let me know I'll try and answer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bait tank.jpg (62.2 KB, 150 views)
File Type: jpg Outside view of components.jpg (60.7 KB, 149 views)
DanaPT is offline   Reply With Quote