View Single Post
Old 06-04-2011, 04:23 PM   #14
flydigital

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_rookie View Post
Curious to know how it works out for you.
For me, my arm isn't big enough for the strap to go around - funny, in the store when I tried it, it worked. Also, by taking all the air out, the suction was so tight on the touch screen I could not get it to work. I was really fed up with it. I guess I can try again (with more sleeves) and not take all the air out.
Quick follow up...

I've been out with the drycase about 5 times now, and I like it lots. The touch screen works fine as long as your hands aren't ice cold and wet (then it works mostly but requires a little more effort). I suck out all the air. The speaker is a bit muffled of course (you can leave a little extra air and it works almost full volume) but still good enough in the vacuum to make calls. Pics and video (incl underwater) have worked great. I am using a neck strap and tuck it into my waders when not in use (mainly to keep those darn sabiki hooks and what not from puncturing it). The material used is better than most similar "pack" cases and I think it will last quite a while. I have no fear of leakage with this unit. Anyway, two thumbs up for the drycase - if you have a non-rolling cursor (blackberry) smartphone and want to use that for the camera its the way to go.

The coolest thing with this so far has been out there fishing and being able to pull up the LJ cam and see what is in store for landing
flydigital is offline   Reply With Quote